[MARMAM] Paper rebutting Manger hypothesis is now online

Lori Marino lmarino at emory.edu
Wed Sep 10 07:16:00 PDT 2008

Dear MARMAM subscribers,

    In 2006 neuroanatomist Paul Manger put forth what has come to be
known as the 'thermogenesis hypothesis' of cetacean brain evolution.  In
2007 we published a response to Manger's general argument in PLos
Biology.  Today, I wish to announce the online publication of a more
extensive and detailed rebuttal to Manger's points in our new paper in
Biological Reviews.  It is attached and you may also find it on the
journal's Early View at the following link:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119878059/issue

The citation is:

A claim in search of evidence: reply to Manger's thermogenesis
hypothesis of cetacean brain structure
Lori Marino, Camilla Butti, Richard C. Connor, R. Ewan Fordyce, Louis M.
Herman, Patrick R. Hof, Louis Lefebvre, David Lusseau, Brenda McCowan,
Esther A. Nimchinsky, Adam A. Pack, Joy S. Reidenberg, Diana Reiss, Luke
Rendell, Mark D. Uhen, Estelle Van der Gucht, Hal Whitehead
Published Online: Sep 9 2008 2:28PM
DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-185X.2008.00049.x

Thank you. My contact information is below.

Sincerely,

Lori Marino

Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Program
1462 Clifton Road, Suite 304
Emory University
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-7582