[MARMAM] First announcement for the ECS 2009 Istanbul

Bayram and Ayaka Öztürk mmonachus at ttmail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:45:55 PDT 2008

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that the 23rd Conference of the European Cetacean Society will be held in Istanbul, a city of wonders! Details are as follows:

Date: 2-4 March 2009 (possible workshops on 28 February, 1 and 5 March 2009)

Venue: Askeri Muzesi Kultur Sitesi (Military Museum Culture Complex), Istanbul, Turkey

www.tsk.mil.tr/askerimuze/askeri_muze.htm (only in Turkish)

Theme: Climate change and marine mammals

As usual, we welcome offers of presentations on both the conference theme and other topics.

Organized by: Turkish Marine Research Foundation (TUDAV) www.tudav.org (only in Turkish for the moment, but will be available in English shortly)

Deadlines:

  a.. November 3, 2008 Abstracts submission, application for financial support, workshop submission, video submission for showing at the video night

  b.. January 7, 2009 Early registration

  c.. January 30, 2009 Late registration

More details will be shown shortly on our conference website.

If you have any questions, please contact ecs2009 at tudav.org

See you in Istanbul next year!

Bayram Ozturk

Ayaka Amaha Ozturk

The Organizing Committee for ECS 2009 Istanbul

TUDAV