[MARMAM] strand feeding dolphin specimens?

Brian Beatty bbeatty at nyit.edu
Tue Sep 2 12:34:30 PDT 2008

Hello all,
My name is Brian, and I've been studying tooth wear in odontocetes. Of particular interest to me are odontocetes that perform "strand feeding" behaviors, which thus far has only included a handful of populations of delphinids.

But my sample size of those is not as high as I would like it to be, and I suspect I am missing other populations of strand feeding odontocetes. If there are some collections of skeletal specimens of strand-feeding odontocetes in collections you know of, would you please contact me with suggestions for how to access them? I have been to many collections, but suspect that there are many that I am not familiar with that could really help.
Thank you very much,
Brian

Brian L. Beatty, PhD
Assistant Professor of Anatomy
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Northern Boulevard
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Phone: (516) 686-7435
Fax: (516) 686-3740