[MARMAM] Follow-up to MMS sperm whale/seismic study report

Dagmar Fertl dagmar_fertl at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:08:11 PDT 2008

This is a follow-up to a message I posted regarding the MMS synthesis report on their funded research on sperm whale-seismic studies. I have been bombarded with emails from people complaining that the link is not working right now.

For those of you who are not familiar with MMS, that particular office (Gulf of Mexico Region), which generated the report (and associated link), is located in New Orleans which is currently being affected by Hurricane Gustav. My guess is that MMS shut down their network server to protect their computer equipment in anticipation of some pretty bad weather.

So...patience!!! Try the link in a few days again, and if you are still unable to access the report, THEN you can email me, and I'll contact someone at MMS to see when the link is expected to be reachable again. I'm sure MMS appreciates everyone's interest in the report, and that they appreciate everyone's concern for the safety and welfare of the people in that region.

Regards,
Dagmar Fertl http://www.ziphiusecoservices.com