[MARMAM] Looking for a software to analyse shallow dive recordings from TDRs

Rie Hagihara rie.hagihara at jcu.edu.au
Sun Oct 26 17:05:34 PDT 2008

To whom it may concern,

I have just started working on dugong diving behaviour at James Cook University, Australia and am looking for a software which can produce dive profiles based on dive recordings from the time depth recorders Mk8 (Wildlife Computers).

We are thinking to use Multitrace (Jansen Software Systems) but also trying to find alternative software to analyse dive data. As dugongs are frequent in shallow intertidal and subtidal waters, we have an issue of having numerous spikes on the profiles. It would be wonderful if someone could suggest a software that might work for shallow dive recordings.

I am looking forward to hearing from your suggestions.

Best regards,

Rie Hagihara
Master of Applied Science
School of Earth and Environmental Science
James Cook University, Australia 4811
+61 7 4781 6940
rie.hagihara at jcu.edu.au