[MARMAM] symposium announcement

Isabelle Charrier isabelle.charrier at u-psud.fr
Fri Oct 10 07:03:50 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that our proposal for
organizing a symposium of “Acoustic communication
in terrestrial and aquatic mammals” has been
accepted by the Organization Committee of the
10th International Mammalogical Conference, which
will be hosted in Mendoza, Argentina next year.

We would like to invite all the “bioacousticians”
to submit their proposals to take part in this
event. The symposium will consist of two types of
presentations (please refer to the attachment for further information):

a) Oral presentations:
Because the symposium is planned to last 3 hours
and a half, we are limited to 6-7 speakers
maximum. Hence, we ask all those who are
interested in participating as speakers to send
us a 2-page written proposal (in English) of the
topic you are studying that involves acoustic
communication (aerial or underwater) in mammal
species, what are your main results and how this
research has contributed to the growth of a
particular biological discipline in your country
and in general. We would appreciate if you could
also send us your contact information (work
affiliation and e-mail address). Speakers will
have 20 minutes and presentations should be done
in English, the official language of the conference.

b) Posters:
Due to the amount of people we expect for this
event, we asked the IMC organization committee
permission to organize a satellite poster session
after the symposium, so students, professors and
researchers working in different aspects
involving acoustic communication can gather
together to exchange ideas, discuss different
perspectives and learn more about vocal
communication and how they serve as interesting
study model in different areas of research. Those
of you who are interested in participating in
this poster session should send a brief
description of your area of research and your contact information as well.

Deadline for submission of proposals to
participate in the symposium and/or the satellite
poster session is July 20th. Proposals should be
emailed to Ana Paula Cutrera: acutrera8 at gmail.com

We hope to see you all next year in Mendoza!

Kind regards,

Isabelle Charrier

Isabelle CHARRIER
Equipe Communications Acoustiques, NAMC-CNRS UMR 8620
Université Paris Sud, Bat.446, 91405 Orsay, FRANCE
Tel:(33-1).69.15.68.26          Fax:(33-1).69.15.77.26
Email: isabelle.charrier at u-psud.fr

Isabelle's website: http://pinniped.free.fr/
Bioacoustics Team website: http://www.cb.u-psud.fr/