[MARMAM] Job Announcement, Executive Director FMSA
wilsonrj at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 4 14:58:03 PST 2008
FARALLONES MARINE SANCTUARY ASSOCIATION
The Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support and protect the resources of the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary. The National Marine Sanctuary occupies over 1,200 square miles of rich and diverse marine habitat off the northern California coast and the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association has a Cooperating Agreement with it. In collaboration with the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary, the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association coordinates and implements diverse education and coastal monitoring programs.
Key Responsibilities of Executive Director
Because the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association is dependent upon fundraising to provide the means of carrying out its mission, the Executive Director must:
• Lead fundraising efforts to support an annual budget of over $700,000, including writing grant proposals and reports and building relationships with funders.
• Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations.
• Build opportunities to engage new members and sustain existing membership.
As a mid-size non-profit organization, the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association is seeking an Executive Director with experience and ability to:
• Create a Strategic Plan for the organization.
• Manage and implement a long-term financial plan.
• Develop an annual budget for approval by the Board and ensure that financial books and records are accurate, timely, accountable and transparent.
• Effectively manage the organization’s staff of approximately 10 employees, sustaining a positive and productive work environment.
• Assure current personnel policies are met and conduct annual performance evaluation of staff.
• Present the organization and its mission and programs to the public in strong, positive images to relevant audiences.
Collaboration and Coordination with Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary (GFNMS)
As all of the major programs of the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association are conducted with and on behalf of Sanctuary, the Executive Director will:
• Ensure that FMSA’s mission, programs and products are aligned with the GFNMS Joint Management Plan.
• Responsible for overseeing agreements with the Marine Sanctuary and developing a productive working relationship with the Sanctuary Superintendent.
• Work cooperatively in developing strategic programs, raising funds to support them and overseeing their achievement.
The ideal candidate will have substantial leadership experience and a familiarity with nonprofit organizations and governance.
• Leadership, decisiveness and vision.
• A proven ability to work collaboratively (internally, externally and with diverse communities and government agencies) to reach organizational goals.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a strong comfort in public speaking.
• Demonstrated leadership in non-profit fundraising including the ability to raise money from a variety of sources, most particularly major donors, corporations and foundations.
• Proven management experience including hiring, supervising and supporting staff.
• Experience in budgeting and financial management.
• Passion for and commitment to environmental protection and marine issues.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. FMSA offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, health care and dental coverage. The option of a flexible work schedule may be available for the right candidate with extensive experience.
Send cover letter and resume, preferably by email, to:
jobsearch at farallones.org
or write to:
The Presidio, 991 Marine Drive
San Francisco, CA 94129
Review begins immediately. Closing date is November 21, 2008.
No calls, please refer to the website: www.farallones.org.
FMSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM