[MARMAM] pinniped blubber thicknesses

Heather Mostman-Liwanag mostman at biology.ucsc.edu
Thu May 29 15:20:23 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am doing a comparative study looking at insulation, and am in need of
blubber thickness measurements for pinniped species, especially sea lions
and walrus (though all species are welcome).  I could also use
subcutaneous fat thickness measurements for sea otters and polar bears.
Preference is for a mid-dorsal location, but any number is useful.

These values could be from published or unpublished data, and/or
necropsies.  All sources will be dutifully cited and acknowledged (as long
as that information is provided).

Thanks so much!
Heather

Heather E. Mostman-Liwanag, Ph.D. Candidate
University of California, Santa Cruz
Long Marine Laboratory
100 Shaffer Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060