[MARMAM] New publication on historic bowhead skeletal bone monuments in Europe

Klaus Barthelmess barthval at t-online.de
Thu May 29 00:27:46 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce:

Klaus Barthelmess:
Die Walknochen der Nordseeinsel Borkum.
Kulturgeschichte bedeutsamer Denkmäler aus der Blütezeit des europäischen
Arktiswalfangs mit Überlegungen zu ihrer Konservierung
[The whale bones of North Sea island Borkum.
The cultural history of important monuments from the peak period of European
Arctic whaling, including considerations about their conservation]
Foreword by Nicholas B. Redman.
(= Speckpresse ­ Schriften zur Kulturgeschichte von Mensch und Meeressäuger,
No. 1).
Norderstedt: Books on Demand, 2008.
vii + 24 pp, 22 illus., softcover
ISBN 978 383 702 625 2
Language: German
Price 6.80 Euros

It is also a test balloon for a series of publications I plan to edit in the
future, appropriately called
"Speckpresse - Schriften zur Kulturgeschichte von Mensch und Meeressäuger"
(blubber press - publications on the cultural history of man and marine
mammal).

The publication is available from
http://www.bod.de/index.php?id=296&objk_id=144196
or via amazon.de and other online book shops.

Book dealers and museum book shop managers may wish to know that
BoD-publications can be bought on approval/commission, ie stock not sold
after a certain time can be returned to the publisher.

Those of you editing scholarly or scientific journals or journalists wishing
to review my new publication may order a review copy under this German link:

http://www.bod.de/index.php?id=272

Best
Klaus Barthelmess
Cologne, Germany