[MARMAM] Request for information on dugong re-appearance and large scale movements.

Gary Haskins haskinsgary at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 23:29:37 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I am working for the organisation C3- Community Centred Conservation based in the Comores and due to our location, acquiring specific information can often be difficult.

Primarily, I am seeking a copy of this publication :

LONG-DISTANCE OCEANIC MOVEMENT OF A SOLITARY DUGONG (Dugong dugon) to the COCOS (KEELING)
ISLANDS.
Hobbs, J-P.A.*, A.J. Frisch, J. Hender, and J.J. Gilligan. 2007. Aquatic Mammals 33(2):175-178.

In addition any further evidence, anecdotal or otherwise of large migrations in dugongs and their re-establishment/appearance in areas where thought to be extinct would be appreciated. I am aware only of examples in the Cocos Islands and the Aldabra atoll Seychelles.

Many thanks,

Gary Haskins.
haskinsgary at hotmail.com