[MARMAM] Sirenian Population Genetics Conference 2008

Coralie Nourisson coralie.nourisson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:32:13 PDT 2008

We are looking forward to the upcoming Sirenian Population Genetics
Conference in Orlando, Florida on 20-21 April 2008.  Information on
specifics of the conference is outlined below.  I hope that you will all
be able to attend.  Also, enclosed is a draft of the scheduled speakers.
 We are very excited about the opportunity to share the genetic research
with management and all interested parties.

*Sirenian Population Genetics Conference*
*20-21 April 2008*
*Orlando, Florida*

This is notice for the upcoming Sirenian Population Genetics Conference
hosted by the U.S. Geological Survey that will be held at the Holiday
Inn International Drive Resort in Orlando on 20 and 21 April 2008.  On
the first day (Sunday) the conference will consist of an instructional
primer covering information on general genetics and examples of
population applications.  The second day (Monday) will consist of
several short presentations dealing with all aspects of sirenian
genetics.  We hope that you will be able to attend on both days.
 Unfortunately we will not be able to provide funding for
transportation, lodging, or meals.  There is no registration fee, but
space may be limited so we strongly urge you to register early with me
(rbonde at usgs.gov).

There are several hotels and restaurants in the immediate area.
 However, for a limited time a block of rooms are available at a reduced
rate.  Accommodations at the Holiday Inn are provided at a discounted
rate of $99/night for up to four guests per room.  Mention code *USG*
when registering for a room at the Holiday Inn.  Please make
reservations by 20 March.  Hotel contact information and registration site:

*Holiday Inn International Drive Resort*
*ORLANDO, FLORIDA*

*6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819*
*407-351-3500, Hotel Main Line*
*866-253-2183, Hotel Toll Free Line*
*        http://www.hiinternationaldriveorlandohotelsite.com/*

*Tentative Schedule*

*20 April 2008*

      *21 April 2008*

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Robert K. Bonde
Biologist - Sirenia Project
U.S. Geological Survey
Florida Integrated Science Center
2201 NW 40th Terrace
Gainesville,  Florida  32605-3574

Phone:  (352)264-3555  FAX:  (352)374-8080
Email:   rbonde at usgs.gov
http://cars.er.usgs.gov/Manatees/manatees.html