[MARMAM] Skinny fin whales: Nova Scotia

Arthur H. Kopelman, Ph.D. kopelman at optonline.net
Wed Jul 30 07:46:43 PDT 2008

I’ve seen about 24 fin whales feeding (including 6 mother/calf pairs), south of Block island RI  last week, and have had reports of fins feeding nearer to Montauk recently.  None that I saw were thin.

Arthur H. Kopelman, Ph. D.
President
Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island
president at cresli.org
www.cresli.org <http://www.cresli.org/>
(all e-mails scanned for viruses before sending)

"When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more,
another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again"
                         William Beebe