[MARMAM] Current Delphinus population estimate, Gulf of California

William Rossiter rossiter at csiwhalesalive.org
Thu Jul 24 05:41:00 PDT 2008

Please note the inquiry is for current estimates, therefore unpublished.
Please reply directly to Hannah Robson <hannah.robson at bbc.co.uk>
Posted to MARMAM for BBC by Cetacean Society International.

Hannah Robson writes:

I'm working on a BBC Television series about different marine
environments in which we filmed underwater in a number of locations
around the world. For one of our films in the series we travelled to the
Gulf of California where we encountered a large pod of common dolphin,
which we were able to film.

I'm looking to find out what is known about population figures for
common dolphin in this sea. Are numbers declining or increasing? Is
there any indication that the marine protected / conservation areas are
protecting the population.

I'm be really grateful for you any information you have.
With many thanks and all the very best
Hannah Robson
Oceans
BBC Science