[MARMAM] autonomous ambient noise recordings

Frank Thomsen (Cefas) frank.thomsen at cefas.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 09:07:36 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues

I am currently surveying information on devices to monitor ambient noise
in near shore areas for extended periods of time. The devices should be
self-contained data loggers and should be able to record underwater
sound with a reasonable bandwidth (at least up to 22 kHz; better higher
than that). They should be reasonably handy to be deployed near an
existing buoy or on the seafloor (provided there is a kind of a pop up
mechanism). A predefined sampling regime for the recordings should be
incorporated.

Please respond directly to me; I will collect the replies and post them
as a summary for anyone else interested.

Best

Frank

Frank Thomsen
Marine Scientific Advisor, Cefas
Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1502 52 4284

www.cefas.co.uk

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only.  Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender.  In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of the organisation from which it is sent.  All emails may be subject to monitoring.