[MARMAM] Stranding of Beaked Whale on Utila, Honduras

Steve Box steveinbox at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 11:44:22 PST 2008

On the 3rd January an adult female beaked whale 17ft long was found stranded dead on the island of Utila, Bay Islands Honduras. Two days later a male calf 11ft long was found slightly further along the coast also dead. They have been provisionally identified as Cuviers Beaked Whales. A necropsy was performed on both animals with tissue samples and blood samples taken. I would be interested in hearing from anyone studying beaked whales so that we can provide you with further information about these strandings. Please contact me at steve(at)utilaecology.org
Steve Box

Stephen Box
Tel: +504 425 3026
Cel: +504 3303 6322