[MARMAM] Please post
steve.silva at tx.rr.com
Mon Jan 7 11:11:14 PST 2008
A national consulting firm is seeking an experienced Marine Scientist/Marine Mammal Biologist for our Plano, TX office. The successful candidate would be responsible for scientific content on various environmental projects and contribute their marine mammal expertise to the existing Marine Sciences group. Projects include, but are not limited to, marine resources, environmental, and biological assessments.
Job duties include:
* Preparing the marine mammal sections of marine resources assessments and environmental assessment documents in support of NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZCA, or the MSFCMA/SFA, as well as other projects;
* Researching, acquiring, and synthesizing marine mammal data and literature for use in environmental reports;
* Acting as a team leader/principal investigator with responsibility for specific projects or subject areas;
* Communicating with government, academic, and industry researchers and scientists;
* Preparing and giving presentations to clients, colleagues, or at scientific or military meetings;
* Participating in project team meetings and attend meetings with third parties/clients as required;
* Traveling to client locations, project sites, symposia or other meetings, or other GMI offices as required; and
* Analyzing protected species survey data, including application of statistical tests, as necessitated by projects.
Experience and Skills Required: A background integrating living marine resources and their physical marine environment is essential. Two to five years experience working preferably for, but not limited to, a regulatory agency, consulting firm, or military environmental group. The successful candidate will possess strong technical writing, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently while functioning in an environment of changing priorities and time constraints.
Candidates possessing experience in marine mammal surveying/monitoring, SAS, ESRI GIS, and/or EndNote™ software, marine/aquatic field collections or monitoring, ,and familiarity with marine regulations/legislation will have the advantage. U.S. Navy experience, particularly with operations or training, is also a plus.
Education: M.S. degree in Marine Biology, Wildlife or Environmental Management, or Oceanography with emphasis in coursework and experience related to the study of marine mammals.
We are presently accepting applications only from US Citizens and permanent residents.
Interested candidates should submit a Resume and writing sample to Steve Silva, Search Consultant; steve.silva at tx.rr.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM