[MARMAM] Positions Vacant - Research Biologist
kmcdonald at zoo.nsw.gov.au
Tue Jan 1 13:51:55 PST 2008
Research Biologist (Marine Mammals)
Permanent Full Time
The Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ZPB) has an exciting opportunity for
a motivated individual with suitable experience, to join our team as a
Research Biologist on a permanent full time basis.
As part of the Scientific Research and Wildlife Conservation Division
based at Taronga Zoo, the Research Biologist will be required to grow
the research capacity within the ZPB by ensuring research is relevant,
economical and productive, with a focus on programs encompassed by the
Australian Marine Mammal Research Centre (AMMRC).
The successful applicant will possess:
* PhD or post doctorate experience in population management,
reproductive physiology and/or acoustics in marine mammals.
* Excellent academic track record measured by the number of
publications in high impact factor scientific journals.
* Experience with conducting research on in-situ populations.
* Working knowledge of research related legislation and the
conduct of Animal Ethics Committees.
* Demonstrated experience, confidence and effectiveness in
communicating research and science to the broader community.
* Demonstrated success in obtaining research grants, fundraising
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively supervise
research staff/students including undergraduate and postgraduate (PhD)
* Effective administrative, planning, organizational and time
* Demonstrated ability to monitor, maintain and report on budgets.
* Well developed verbal, interpersonal and written communications
To obtain an information package including the position description,
application form and selection criteria, please visit www.zoo.nsw.gov.au
(About Us) or contact Rebecca Spindler on 02 9978 4608, or email
rspindler at zoo.nsw.gov.au
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be sent to HR
Officer, ZPB, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Thursday 31 January 2007 quoting
reference. no. 2007/581.
Taronga and Western Plains Zoos - Contributing to Conservation
Human Resources Officer
Zoological Parks Board of NSW
Ph: (02) 9978 4626
Fax: (02) 9978 4582
Email: kmcdonald at zoo.nsw.gov.au
This message is intended for the addressee named only and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of the Zoological Parks
Board of New South Wales.
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses for the Zoological Parks
Board of NSW by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered
by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM