[MARMAM] 2nd call for ECS 2009 conference

Simone Panigada simo.pani at inwind.it
Fri Dec 19 01:54:40 PST 2008

(2nd announcement)

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for cross-posting....

This is the second call for the 23rd Annual Conference of the
European Cetacean Society to be held in Istanbul, Turkey on 2-4 March 2009.

The theme of the conference is Climate Change and Marine Mammals.

Before the main conference, on 28 February and 1 March, several
exciting workshops are proposed. Please check our website for details
and contact the workshop organizers: www.tudav.org/ecs2009
<http://www.tudav.org/ecs2009> .

We have received more than 200 abstracts and their reviews were
completed. Those who submitted abstracts should have heard from our
Scientific Committee to confirm whether their abstract was accepted
and whether it is as a talk or as a poster. Now you need to register
for the conference!

The deadline for the early registration is 7 January 2009 to benefit
from the best rate of registration fee.  You can register and renew
your membership online at ECS website: www.europeancetaceansociety.eu
<http://www.europeancetaceansociety.eu/> . The late registration
deadline is 30 January 2009.

The early hotel reservation by 31 December 2008 is also recommended.
After that date, it will be quite difficult to find that rate.
Istanbul is a busy city with so many conferences and fairs in these
days. For more details, please visit our conference website:
www.tudav.org/ecs2009 <http://www.tudav.org/ecs2009> .

If you have any questions, please contact ecs2009 at tudav.org
<mailto:ecs2009 at tudav.org> .

Looking forward to seeing you soon in Istanbul!

Regards,

Ayaka Amaha Ozturk

Secretary

Organizing Committee for ECS 2009 Istanbul