[MARMAM] Position for a Marine Scientist at Cefas

Frank Thomsen (Cefas) frank.thomsen at cefas.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 09:05:51 PST 2008

Dear colleagues

I would like to draw your attention to a post that is available at Cefas (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science; www.cefas.co.uk) within my team that deals with research in support of marine management. For various projects, we are looking for a scientist with GIS / risk assessment expertise, if possible also some experience in assessing the impacts of underwater noise on marine life (including marine mammals). I believe this to be quite an exciting job in a challenging and very interesting environment.

Cefas is an executive agency of Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs). As most of our jobs, this position is permanent (salary up to £ 28,000 per year) and there are possibilities to advance into higher pay-bands given appropriate performance / and time.

Please look at the full job description under www.cefas.jobs/openings; under the search options look for 'Marine Scientist' / 'scheme 121/08'. Then apply!

Best

Frank

Frank Thomsen
Marine Scientific Advisor, Cefas
Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1502 52 4284

www.cefas.co.uk

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only.  Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender.  In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of the organisation from which it is sent.  All emails may be subject to monitoring.