[MARMAM] New publications week 28

Jan Herrmann jan.herrmann at cetacea.de
Sat Aug 30 00:11:08 PDT 2008

Dear all,

here are some new publications of week 28/ 2008,
which haven't been announced on MARMAM earlier AFAIK.

By clicking the following link you are guided to a website, where the
following references are linked to their according journal homepages.
There you can find abstracts and contact information:
<http://www.mmbib.com/news.php>

Please do not contact MARMAM, the MARMAM editors or me for reprints. Thank you.

Thanks to all of you who sent in reprints to be included in the
weekly announcements.

Kindest Regards,
Jan Herrmann

CETACEA

Dicken, M.L. (2008):
First observations of young of the year and juvenile great white
sharks (Carcharodon carcharias) scavenging from a whale carcass.
Marine and Freshwater Research 59(7): 596-602.

Mooney, T.A. et al. (2008):
Hearing pathways and directional sensitivity of the beluga whale,
Delphinapterus leucas.
Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 362(2): 108-116.

Suzuki, M. et al. (2008):
Usage of high-performance mattresses for transport of Indo-Pacific
bottlenose dolphin.
Zoo Biology 27(4): 331-340.

Weihe, P. et al. (2008):
Serum Concentrations of Polyfluoroalkyl Compounds in Faroese Whale
Meat Consumers.
Environmental Science & Technology 42(16): 6291-6295.

PINNIPEDIA

Chilvers, B.L. and I.S. Wilkinson (2008):
Philopatry and site fidelity of New Zealand sea lions (Phocarctos hookeri).
Wildlife Research 35(5): 463-470.

Dowell, S.A. et al. (2008):
Rearing two New Zealand fur seal (Arctocephalus forsteri) pups to weaning.
Australian Journal of Zoology 56(1): 33-39.

OTHER MARINE MAMMALS

--
--> jan.herrmann -at - cetacea.de