[MARMAM] 2nd International Irish Whale and Dolphin Group Conference - Muc Mhara - Ireland's Smallest Whale

Faith Wilson Faith.Wilson at iwdg.ie
Tue Aug 5 05:52:09 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues

Apologies for any cross-posting.  I am writing to you on behalf of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group to inform you of our 2nd International Whale Conference which this year will focus on the harbour porpoise; 'Muc Mhara - Ireland's Smallest Whale'.  The conference will be held on the 19th - 21st September 2008 at Fitzpatricks Castle Hotel, Kiliney, Co. Dublin, Ireland.

The conference will present the latest research findings from Ireland on this elusive and little known cetacean.  International speakers include Dr Andy Read, one of the world's experts on the harbour porpoise, Signe Sveegaard who will present on satellite tracking studies conducted in Denmark and Dr Ben Wilson who will look at potential impacts of offshore and marine renewable energy devices on small cetaceans.  Further details including an online booking form are available on http://www.iwdg.ie/mucmhara2008/

Please circulate this e-mail amongst your colleagues and any other interested parties.  I hope you can join us in September for what promises to be a stimulating and enjoyable conference.

Best wishes

Faith

Faith Wilson
Irish Whale and Dolphin Group