[MARMAM] Results of Andy Schiro book sale

Dagmar Fertl dagmar_fertl at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:16:05 PDT 2008

I wanted to take the time to provide the results of the Andy Schiro book sale (announced a few months ago on Marmam) - proceeds to benefit the John Twiss Fund at the Society for Marine Mammalogy.

The book sale netted $911.79.

Thank you to everyone who inquired about books, and especially those of you who purchased. A special note of appreciation goes to Dr. Bernd Wursig at Texas A&M University's Marine Mammal Research Program (where Andy donated his time and various types of expertise) - Bernd kindly made sure that at the end of the official sale, not one book went unpurchased, thereby ensuring greater success of the sale in Andy's name. I would also like to thank Drs. John Reynolds, Bill Perrin, and Steve Swartz, as well as Terry Odell, who helped at various stages of this process.

I've been contacted by a few folks in regards to their checks not yet having cleared the bank. The Society appreciates your patience - the last check was received by me yesterday and were sent to the Society's Treasurer. The checks should be finally deposited next week. Apologies for messing up people's checkbooks during this process.

Again, thank you so much. I think I speak on Andy's behalf that he would be so happy to know that his books have continued life and that they have also helped - in a small way - conservation efforts for marine mammals.

With warmest regards,Dagmar Fertl Ziphius EcoServices8112 Springmoss DrivePlano, TX 75025 USAhttp://www.ziphiusecoservices.com