[MARMAM] Fwd: IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER for the Florida Marine Mammal Health Conference

Iske Larkin LarkinI at vetmed.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 16 10:53:12 PDT 2008

Please forward the message below to the MarMam-list.
Sincerely,
Iske

Iske L. Vandevelde Larkin, Ph.D.
Assistant Scientist
Education Coordinator
Aquatic Animal Health Program
Large Animal Clinical Sciences
& Dept. of Zoology
University of Florida
2015 SW 16th Ave.
CVM - PO Box 100136
Gainesville, Fl 32610
(Ship to zip - 32608)
USA

***NOTE New Phone # and E-mail
Phone (352) 392-2212 ext 5168
Cell (352) 494-1742
Fax (352) 846-1171
e-mail: Larkini at vetmed.ufl.edu

>>> "Miller Tipton,Beth" <bmt at ufl.edu> 4/16/2008 1:30 PM >>>

FLORIDAMARINE MAMMAL
HEALTH CONFERENCE III

April 22 - 25, 2008

The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience * Marineland, Florida
St. Augustine Beach, Florida

http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/marinemammal<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001HQ7NDBiUha11TEWp7rhK-ys8ig_tCZB50HiPsnVtZJFOntu0YzwnojeVniBK5EhW4vo7DgfC8HJTBZARqfHxffhtgFeEI0NoSB2J7YPOXmwOcWXdh1SvPusFjvW53iNOFuy0n_spZHU=>

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO PARTICIPATE!

April 16, 2008

Dear Colleague,
It's NOT TOO LATE to participate in the conference. We have an exciting program in store for you with numerous oral and poster presentations on the schedule, and, you can earn CEUS toward your professional licensing recertification.

The conference will feature talks from renowned researchers and practitioners on:

*         Marine Mammal Genetics

*         Algal Biotoxins

*         Power Plants and Manatees

*         Right Whales

*         Health Assessments and much more . . .

This conference provides a forum for people working on issues affecting marine mammal species, and an opportunity to review their current health status, discuss future directions of investigation, and determine actions likely to produce benefits to their health and survival. Attendees will have ample opportunities to share information regarding issues that affect marine mammals during topical discussion periods, poster presentations and networking sessions.

REGISTER ONSITE
We will be registering individuals onsite the afternoon of Thursday, April 22 from 4pm - 7pm at the Holiday Inn St. Augustine Beach - and - on Wednesday morning starting at 7:30am at the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience before the meeting begins at 8:15am.

So come join us as we investigate ways to reduce state and federal resources spent on marine mammal health issues by developing better preventative practices.
CONTINUING

CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS for Veterinarians

CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
If you are a licensed veterinarian or if you maintain a professional license issued by a society, an association, an occupational licensing board or a department of professional regulation within your state, you may be eligible to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for your participation in this conference. Be sure to contact the appropriate authority who manages your professional certification to verify this conference program meets your state's licensing requirements, and to confirm what documentation is required to earn CEUs.
A Record of Attendance Log will be maintained at the conference where you can sign in and sign out each day and create a record verifying your daily attendance. Within 30 days upon conclusion of the conference, we will mail you a formal "Certificate of Attendance" indicating the actual number of contact hours you accrued based on your participation hours recorded in the attendance log. It is your responsibility to compile all necessary paperwork and provide it to the appropriate licensing board or professional organization with whom you are certified, and to confirm this program content is acceptable based on their individual standards.

IMPORTANT: Veterinary doctor's credit hours will be based on one hour credit for each "contact" hour (no less than 50 minutes) of attendance. The preliminary agenda for this conference entails 9.5 contact hours.

CONFERENCE MEETING SITE

Meeting Location Information

[cid:image006.jpg at 01C89FC6.16FBC980] The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience
9505 Ocean Shore Blvd.
St. Augustine, FL 32080
PHONE: 904-461-4000 *FAX: 904-461-4052
Peter A. V. Anderson, Director

The FMMHC will be held at the Center for Marine Science (CMS) located at the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience located in Marineland, FL, just south of St. Augustine. The eight-acre campus is situated on a narrow barrier island, bounded by the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, both of which are just a few hundred feet away.

For more information on the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience, go to:www.whitney.ufl.edu/<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001HQ7NDBiUha0swRmkRXY2s0shKlkjacyhPOGTjoV6zsMe95bPL_jwsG87f7g-s6fgn8cRukiuKdfn1BeJ4myw0SCQ1V2YrPrCHBr7DHn-a7gEiibOWEEpnw==>

If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to email me or call on me personally. We look forward to your participation in the conference and to seeing you next week!

Sincerely,

Ms. Beth Miller-Tipton, CMP, Director

Office of Conferences and Institutes

University of Florida / IFAS