[MARMAM] summer opportunity - CORRECTION

Cristiane Cavalcante de Albuquerque Martins crislua_2000 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Apr 16 05:42:53 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I apologize but as this is a summer JOB opportunity it is limited to Canadian citizens or Canadian residents.

Sincerely,
Cristiane

Summer oportunity description

We are looking for 3 student to help with cetacean  data collection from a land based station
at the Saint Lawrence estuary, Quebec (Canada). The study is part of the PhD of
a student from the Complex System Laboratory (Montreal University). We will focus effort to measure movement patterns of fin, blue, and humpback whales.
Admission Conditions
- Be a student in Biology, Geographyor Ecology;
- Be interested in the knowledge of cetacean behavior.
- Be patient, attentive, and hard working is essential.
- Previous experience with theodolite tracking and /or ArcGIS is a plus appreciable.
Stage Duration
The activities will take place during summer months;from June 2 to August 29. Field work will take place 5 days a week (8 hours aday) followed by two days off. Planning of field work will be adjusted to meteorological conditions.
Compensation
We will organize a trip to Bergeronnes and back to Montreal at the beginning and at the end of season.
$10 CAD/hr for a total of 420 hours.
Lodging will be your responsibility (~350 CAD/ month).

Interested students
should send a motivation letter, a CV and a scholar record to (albuquerquecris at gmail.com) beforeApril 20 2008.

Cristiane C. de Albuquerque Martins

Candidat au doctorat/Ph.D. candidate