[MARMAM] Volunteers required for HWDT marine mammal surveys - discounted places available for May trips

HWDT Sightings sightings at hwdt.org
Mon Apr 7 22:14:29 PDT 2008

The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust (HWDT), based on the Isle of Mull, Scotland carry out visual and passive acoustic cetacean surveys on their research vessel, Silurian, from April to October throughout the Hebrides. With the help of volunteers, data are collected and used to monitor the distribution and abundance of the area's key species, with a particular focus on fine scale distribution of the harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena).
HWDT are currently offering a special discounted rate on one of thier 10 day marine mammal surveys in May (18-30th May). Volunteers will receive full training in visual and passive acoustic cetacean monitoring techniques whilst on board our research vessel Silurian making this an ideal opportunity to gain experience in the field. For more information about the survey including prcies and details on how to apply. Please go to the volunteering section of our website or click on the following link:
http://www.whaledolphintrust.co.uk/volunteering/marine-life-monitoring.asp#exclusiveoffer

Laura Mandleberg
Sightings Officer
Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust