[MARMAM] request your help in passing along this Poster Announcement

JBrennan JBrennan at defenders.org
Wed May 16 12:33:51 PDT 2007

 Dear Colleague,

Defenders of Wildlife is pleased to announce our upcoming symposium and
we wish to invite interested participants to present a poster.  May I
ask for your assistance in distributing the following invitation to
present a poster at our September symposium "Innovations in Wildlife
Conservation: Reducing the Impact of Global Warming on America's
Wildlife"  to be held in Washington DC, on September 27th.

Below is a shortened version of the announcement for use in newsletters
and a pdf copy of the full announcement is attached for distribution or
posting.  The follow-up email contact and URL appear in the text.

I am very grateful for your help, thanking you in advance.

Jean Brennan

Jean Brennan, PhD
Conservation Scientist, Climate Change
Defenders of Wildlife
1130 17th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036-4604
Phone: 1-202-682-9400 ext 162
Web: www.defenders.org <http://www.defenders.org/>
Email:  jbrennan at defenders.org <mailto:jbrennan at defenders.org>

Symposium Announcement and Call for Posters: Defenders of Wildlife
announces "Innovations in Wildlife Conservation: Reducing the Impact of
Global Warming on America's Wildlife," Sept. 27, 2007; 8am-6pm in
Washington, DC. Speakers will explore the impacts of climate change on
wildlife; the adaptation strategies to reduce those impacts; and policy
global warming over the next century. Science, Engineering, and Policy
Innovators are invited to present posters demonstrating innovative
approaches, strategies, and practices to enhance adaptation of wildlife
to the impacts of global warming. Posters should broadly examine both
the impacts as well as the types of tools, technologies, practices, and
measures that should be considered if we are to meet the challenges of
global warming. Symposium proceedings and poster abstracts, and
recommendations for action, will be published. For more information and
to submit an abstract please visit:
www.defenders.org/innovations/symposium2007 . Questions may be addressed
to: poster at defenders.org