[MARMAM] Request for Phocine Distemper Virus reference

monitors at sealwatch.org monitors at sealwatch.org
Fri Jun 29 12:25:27 PDT 2007

SealWatch.org is preparing an Alert page about the current outbreak of
Phocine Distemper Virus in northern Europe, apparently originating again
from the islands of Denmark and potentially spreading to other countries.
Harbor/common seals are at the greatest risk; the last epidemic was
catastrophic.

Although we have access to scientific studies on the etiology and
epidemiology of the disease, and are compiling a list of those marine
mammal rescue stations most likely to be involved at the forefront of
response in the near term, we do not have a reference to a general
treatment of the disease for an concerned, informed, but non-technical
audience. Any suggestions for an appropriate online resource to which we
can direct visitors seeking further information would be appreciated.