[MARMAM] New Book -- History of Whaling in America (W. W. Norton)

Ericjayd at aol.com Ericjayd at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 18:46:01 PDT 2007

Hello:

I wanted to let you know about my new book -- LEVIATHAN: THE HISTORY OF
WHALING IN AMERICA (W. W. Norton, 2007).  It covers the social, economic,
political, military, and biological history of American whaling from the early 1600s to
1924.

For more information on the book (e.g., reviews, images, excerpts), please
visit my website -- _http://www.ericjaydolin.com/_
(http://www.ericjaydolin.com/) , or see the writeup on Amazon.com.  A good review of the book appeared in
today's Wall Street Journal --
_http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB118229921486641333.html_
(http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB118229921486641333.html) . Another recent review appeared in the Minneapolis Star and
Tribune -- _http://www.startribune.com/384/story/1246626.html_
(http://www.startribune.com/384/story/1246626.html) .

If you live in New England, New York, or Washington, D.C., please take a look
at my website, under tour dates, to see where I will be speaking and
presenting my slide show this summer and fall.

Any help you can provide in getting the word out about my book would be much
appreciated.

All the best!

Eric Jay Dolin, Ph.D.
Author