[MARMAM] BBC Frozen Planet

Matthew Swarbrick Matthew.Swarbrick at bbc.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 14:00:06 PDT 2007

Dear All,

The BBC Natural History Unit is currently looking for stories for its
sequel series to Planet Earth, Frozen Planet.  In conjunction with a
cutting edge website that will run for the 3 years of the production,
Frozen Planet will be the ultimate and most comprehensive portrait of
the polar regions to date. For the first time, a truly multi-media
approach to broadcasting will give us near unlimited scope to tell all
the stories and to properly explain the science that is key to these
environments.

This is where you come in. Do YOU know of any amazing stories related to
the scenery, the wildlife, the science, or climate change that you think
the ultimate portrayal of our poles should not miss out on?  Stories
that maybe have not been done because they have been overlooked, or are
new to science, or maybe were previously considered too expensive or
logistically difficult to attempt? What about stories that you think we
have already done but with new techniques of studying the animals or
with new filming techniques we could improve on?

I know you are a busy bunch, but it was the help of scientists such as
yourselves that made Planet Earth the success it was,  viewed by 1 in 3
people in the UK and over 65 million people in the US.

If you do want any further information as to what we are doing please
don't hesitate to contact me  -  all suggestions  for stories gratefully
received.

Very best regards,

Matthew

>))))'>    <'(((((<