[MARMAM] Funded Graduate Positions in Marine Conservation

Cathy Schaeff schaeff at american.edu
Thu Jan 18 11:59:05 PST 2007

We have a number of funded graduate positions at the master's level open
in our department for fall 2007.  Students in my lab typically work on
projects involving marine mammal conservation, assessing population
health via fluctuating asymmetry analysis and/or molecular markers.
Examples of recent student projects include an assessment of population
health of California sea lions (completed in conjunction with Francis
Gulland and Denise Greig at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito) and
of bottlenose dolphins (with Randy Wells at the Mote Marine Laboratory
in Sarasota). Support includes tuition remission, stipend and research
funds plus the opportunity to be a teaching assistant. Applications can
be made online
(https://my.american.edu/cgi/mvi.exe/A26.APPL.LOGIN?SCH=CAS). We have a
departmental graduate open house on Feb 19th. Financial awards decisions
are made in early March.

Cathy Schaeff
Department of Biology
American University