[MARMAM] OPCFHK scientific project application 07-08

Anna Situ anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk
Thu Jan 18 17:00:55 PST 2007

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> The Foundation is now inviting new funding applications for
> conservation research projects in 2007-2008. Application form and
> guideline can be downloaded from our website: www.opcf.org.hk.
>
> As the conservation arm of Ocean Park, the Ocean Park Conservation
> Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK) advocates, facilitates and participates
> in the conservation of wildlife and habitats, with an emphasis on the
> Asian region, through research and education. Our vision is to ensure
> the sustainability of wildlife and biodiversity.
>
> OPCFHK will allocate HK$ 5 million as funding support in 2007-08. As
> our vision is to ensure the sustainability of wildlife and
> biodiversity, funding support will be given to research and
> conservation projects on, but not limited to, marine mammals, Giant
> Pandas, amphibians, fishes, birds and reptiles. To encourage Ocean
> Park to directly support the conservation projects, part of this
> funding will be allocated for conservation projects conducted by or
> collaborated with Ocean Park. We also encourage institutions in Hong
> Kong to apply funding for projects based locally in Hong Kong. This
> financial assistance will be used to cover project related expenses,
> including travelling and field equipment but not to cover the in-house
> staff cost.
>
> Submission deadline for applications is Jan 31, 2007. All the funding
> applications will then go through our Scientific Advisory Committee
> members (SACs) for review and recommendation. It usually takes 4 to 6
> weeks for the reviewing process. Research projects recommended by SACs
> will be further reviewed by the Foundation's Trustees. With Trustees'
> approval, confirmation of funding will be announced in June 2007, the
> Foundation will set up agreements with the Principal Investigators or
> the Institutes who are in charge of the recommended projects.
>
> Thank you for your kind attention and I am looking forward to your
> application. Should you have any questions, please feel free to
> contact me.
>
> I wish you a Happy New Year!
>
> Yours Sincerely,
> Anna Situ
> Assistant Scientific Officer
> OPCFHK
> Tel: 852-2873-8679
> Fax: 852-2553-5840
> E-mail: anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk

Disclaimer
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please delete it from your system. If you require assistance, please contact us at opc at oceanpark.com.hk
Beginning 1 January 2006, Ocean Park raises its conservation commitment further by donating part of the admission to Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (www.opcf.org.hk) to support its research projects and public awareness programmes for wildlife conservation in Asia.