[MARMAM] Spring Dolphin Internships and Thesis work available

Bruno Diaz bruno_daz2000 at yahoo.es
Fri Jan 5 09:09:23 PST 2007

The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute (BDRI) www.thebdri.com is currently seeking research internships (also MS thesis students) for the Spring 2007 (April 2007 to June 2007).

  Research interns participate in BDRI’s ongoing research projects (more info in http://www.thebdri.com/education/internships.htm), giving them broad exposure to a variety to research methodologies (Photo-identification, Bioacoustics, Diving and surface behavioural analysis, etc). Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to data entry into the computer for analysis, library, and involvement in special projects.  We support non-invasive and non-disruptive research.

  See accounts of our last Research assitents: www.thebdri.com/education/accounts.htm

  The Spring 2007 period internship offers an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals to participate in field observations of bottlenose dolphins and to obtain laboratory training in bioacoustics and behavioural analysis under the mentorship of experienced bottlenose dolphin researchers. In addition, interns are required to complete a research project on an assigned relevant topic.

  Starting and ending dates are flexible. Our internships program is a full time voluntary position. Unfortunately, funds are very limited, there is no compensation for this internship position and successful applicants will be responsible for their living and transportation expenses during the time of the internship. Food and living space could be arranged for internships onsite. Moreover, the volunteer is in charge of providing an insurance that covers the risks of the volunteer itself when engaged in the field work.

  We anticipate filling this internship position by February 15th, 2006. We are happy to answer any questions you have, but answers to common questions can be found on our web site at: http://www.thebdri.com

  Best regards,

  Bruno Díaz López
The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI
  Via Diaz 4 , Golfo Aranci 07020 Italy
www.thebdri.com

http://mail.yahoo.com