[MARMAM] Request info about large groups of coastal dolphins

Laura Aichinger Dias lauretadias at yahoo.com.br
Tue Feb 20 12:01:47 PST 2007

Dear Marmam subscribers,

  I am currently studying patterns in group formation of marine tucuxi (Sotalia guianensis) in the coastal waters of Brazil, specifically the formation of large groups (aggregations) with more than 100 animals gathered in an area.
  I would enormously appreciate if you could provide me with information (publications, reports, personal observations) about large group formation of coastal dolphins and the underlying behaviors and environmental characteristics during these records.

  Thank you for your attention, Laura

Laura Aichinger Dias
Biology Graduate Student at Florida Atlantic University

17000 North Bay Road, Apt. 1505
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 USA
1(305)956-9574
lauretadias at yahoo.com.br