[MARMAM] Marine Conservation on Paper

bearzi at tiscali.it bearzi at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 10 00:40:22 PST 2007

"... Scientists and conservationists spend much of their life
frantically writing documents and recommendations, but little or
nothing happens in the real world. Is paper, and then more paper, all
that governments really want from us? When will the time for action
come? Are we allowing ourselves to be lost in the illusion of doing
conservation while in fact we are mostly just producing conservation
tools that are rarely used? ..."

A recent Conservation Biology editorial expresses the frustration
experienced by some of us, based on a personal experience with
Mediterranean dolphins.

    Bearzi G. 2007. Marine conservation on paper.
    Conservation Biology 21(1):1-3.

You can download the article from the Blackwell site at:
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/toc/cbi/21/1

Or request it to me.

_________________________________
Giovanni Bearzi, Ph.D.
bearzi at inwind.it

President, Tethys Research Institute
Viale G.B Gadio 2, 20121 Milano, Italy
tel. +39 0272001947; fax +39 0286995011
http://www.tethys.org/
http://www.tethys.org/giovanni_bearzi.htm

Naviga e telefona senza limiti con Tiscali
Scopri le promozioni Tiscali adsl: navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/