[MARMAM] OPCFHK scientific project application 08-09

Anna Situ anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk
Sun Dec 9 17:42:49 PST 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,
         I wish to post the following message on Marmam e-mail list.

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Foundation is now inviting new funding applications for conservation
research projects in 2008-2009. The application form and guideline can
be downloaded from our website: www.opcf.org.hk.

As the conservation arm of Ocean Park, the Ocean Park Conservation
Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK) advocates, facilitates and participates
in the conservation of wildlife and habitats, with an emphasis on the
Asian region, through research and education. Our vision is to ensure
the sustainability of wildlife and biodiversity. Funding support will be
given to research and conservation projects on, but not limited to,
marine mammals, Giant Pandas, amphibians, fishes, birds, terrestrial
mammals and reptiles. To encourage Ocean Park to directly support the
conservation projects, part of this funding will be allocated for
conservation projects collaborated with Ocean Park. We also encourage
institutions in Hong Kong to apply funding for projects based locally in
Hong Kong. This financial assistance will be used to cover project
related expenses, including travelling and field equipment but not to
cover the in-house staff cost.

Submission deadline for applications is Jan 31, 2008. All the funding
applications will then go through our Scientific Advisory Committee
members (SACs) for review and recommendation. It usually takes 4 to 6
weeks for the reviewing process. Research projects recommended by SACs
will be further reviewed by the Foundation's Trustees. With Trustees'
approval, confirmation of funding will be announced in late June 2008,
the Foundation will set up agreements with the Principal Investigators
or the Institutes who are in charge of the recommended projects.

Thank you for your kind attention and I am looking forward to your
application. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact
me.

Yours Sincerely,
Anna Situ
Assistant Scientific Officer