[MARMAM] Marine Scientist/ Project Manager position available
steve.silva at tx.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 12:46:58 PDT 2007
A national consulting firm is seeking an experienced Senior Marine Scientist/Project Manager for our Plano, TX office. Responsibilities will include the direction of marine science projects conducted by the Plano office. Demonstrated experience in project management, report production, and budgeting is essential. The successful candidate would be expected to contribute to ongoing projects through the contribution of their technical expertise. Projects include, but are not limited to, marine resource, environmental, and biological assessments in support of NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZCA, or the MSFCMA/SFA.
Job duties include:
• directing and leading project teams, including oversight of the scientific content and approach;
• assuming responsibility for project financial and administrative tracking and control as well as labor/resource planning and implementation;
• establishing and adhering to project schedules;
• researching, acquiring, and synthesizing marine literature and data;
• collecting, reviewing, manipulating, and analyzing marine data, including application of statistical tests, as necessary;
• communicating with government, academic, and industry researchers and scientists;
• preparing and giving presentations to clients, colleagues, or at scientific or military meetings;
• participating in project team meetings and attending meetings with third parties/clients as required;
• interfacing with clients, other engineering/environmental firms, regulatory personnel, and in-house resource specialists;
• ensuring consistent production of thorough, accurate, and technically sound reports in client specified formats;
• maintaining project documentation and records;
• working to secure revenue through interface with current clients in addition to identifying and cultivating new or potential clients; and
• traveling to client locations, project sites, symposia/other meetings, or other regional offices.
An interdisciplinary background integrating living marine resources and the physical marine environment is essential. M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Marine Biology, Oceanography, Marine Ecology, or other related Marine Science discipline. Three to seven years experience in applied marine sciences, working preferably for, but not limited to, a regulatory agency, consulting firm, or military environmental group. Five or more year’s project management experience, preferably for an environmental consulting firm, is required. Candidates with a B.S. degree and commensurate additional experience will be considered. The successful candidate will possess strong writing and editing, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently while functioning in an environment of changing priorities and time constraints.
Although not required, candidates possessing experience with DISTANCE, ESRI GIS, and/or EndNote software; scientific SCUBA diving; marine/aquatic field collections or monitoring; and familiarity with marine regulations/legislation will have the advantage. U.S. Navy experience, particularly with operations or training, is also a plus.
To apply for this position, interested candidates should submit a resume and scientific writing sample (sole author preferred but first author designation is also acceptable) to Steve Silva, Recruiter via email: steve.silva at tx.rr.com
We are presently accepting applications only from US Citizens and permanent residents.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM