[MARMAM] Marine NEPA Specialist position available
steve.silva at tx.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 12:51:00 PDT 2007
A national environmental consulting firm has an immediate opening for a Marine NEPA Specialist to provide marine expertise as part of a team. The position is located in the Dallas, TX area.
- Preparing marine resource and environmental assessment documents in support of NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZCA, or the MSFCMA/SFA, as well as other projects;
- Researching, acquiring, and synthesizing marine literature and data;
- Reviewing and manipulating marine data;
- Communicating with government, academic, and industry researchers and scientists;
- Participating in project team meetings and attend meetings with third parties/clients as required;
- Traveling to client locations, project sites, symposia and other meetings, other regional offices as required;
- Analyzing marine data, including application of statistical tests, as necessitated by projects; and
- Collecting marine field data on occasion as required by projects.
An interdisciplinary background integrating living marine resources and the physical marine environment is essential. The successful candidate will possess strong technical writing and editing, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, while functioning in an environment of changing priorities and time constraints.
Although not required, candidates possessing experience with DISTANCE™, ESRI GIS, and/or EndNote™ software, scientific SCUBA diving, marine/aquatic field collections or monitoring, and familiarity with marine regulations/legislation will have the advantage. U.S. Navy experience, particularly with operations or training is also a plus.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Marine Biology, Oceanography, Marine Ecology, or other related Marine Science discipline.
We are presently only accepting applications/resumes from U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
To apply, email resume to Steve Silva, Recruiter at steve.silva at tx.rr.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM