[MARMAM] Please RSVP by 31 August - Digital Techniques Seminar and Workshop

Sally Mizroch Sally.Mizroch at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 21 11:55:18 PDT 2007

Recent Advances in Digital Techniques Seminar and Workshop: Cape Town, South
Africa - 27-28 November 2007

PLEASE RSVP by 31 August 2007.

Registration is now open for the Recent Advances in Field Digital Techniques
seminar and workshop.  The seminar will be on 27 and the hands-on workshop
will be on 28 November 2007.

There are still a couple of openings for presentations on both the seminar
and hands-on workshop days, so we'd like to get some feedback about
programming.   If you've been developing ways to integrate field and photo
data digitally, but you're not sure you're ready to share them with others,
please e-mail me and we can see if they'll fit in with the programs.

Also, we had not planned to have presentations on digital photo matching
because the matching programs are pretty specialized, but if there's
interest, we may try to schedule some presentations.  Please e-mail me if
you'd like to see short presentations on the current state of photo-ID
matching and we'll see if there's enough interest and time to fit them in.

The cost for the seminar and workshop is ZAR 200 per person per day to cover
the use of meeting room space, audiovisual equipment and two tea/coffee
sessions.

Participants must RSVP to  <mailto:sally.mizroch at noaa.gov>
sally.mizroch at noaa.gov by 31 August 2007, so that we can provide the
conference conveners with an accurate count of participants to ensure the
proper room size.  The registration fee of ZAR 200 will be collected at the
door on the day of the workshop.

If you are unsure at this point whether you will have sufficient funding to
attend the conference, but you are planning to attend, please RSVP and note
"subject to available funding".

Deadlines

31 August 2007: Required RSVP for each day to
<mailto:sally.mizroch at noaa.gov> sally.mizroch at noaa.gov

Day of Seminar (27 November): 200 Rand registration fee due

Day of Workshop (28 November): 200 Rand registration fee due

We look forward to your participation -

Sally Mizroch

Sally A. Mizroch

Alaska Fisheries Science Center