[MARMAM] Grants available for Latin America and the Caribbean

William Rossiter rossiter at csiwhalesalive.org
Mon Aug 13 19:28:07 PDT 2007

    Small grants from Cetacean Society International (CSI) are
available, for Latin America and Caribbean nationals, in support of
cetacean- related science, conservation or education projects, or for
travel related to the projects, such as to conferences, workshops or
foreign study.
    CSI's priority is to support entry-level professionals, such as
graduate students, whose work has conservation applications. Our goal is
to help as many people as possible, preferring to give the minimum
amount to complete the project after other funding options are explored.
We do not fund entire projects, and rarely provide follow-on funds over
years. Additional support is often given by providing appropriate
resources, contacts, and equipment. We will consider any project that
does not conflict with CSI's ethical positions.
    A current CSI grant request form must be used, and is available upon
request from  <rossiter at csiwhalesalive.org>. Please include your
complete contact information and use the following format as the
subject  / title:  "Your last name:  CSI grant application".

Thank you,

William W. Rossiter
President
Cetacean Society International