[MARMAM] New Critique of Dolphin-Assisted Therapy

Lori Marino lmarino at emory.edu
Tue Aug 7 10:32:04 PDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

    This is to announce a new paper in the current issue of Anthrozoos
entitled "Dolphin Assisted Therapy: More flawed data and more flawed
conclusions" co-authored by myself and Scott Lilienfeld.  In this paper
we review all of the peer-reviewed DAT studies that were published since
our 1998 paper and come to the same conclusion that there is no
scientific basis for claims made by proponents of DAT.

    A pdf of the paper is attached.

    The journal website is:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/berg/anthroz

    You may also go to the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
websites for a copy of the paper and further information and news on
this current issue:

    http://www.wdcs.org/

    or

    http://www.whales.org/

    Thank you.

Regards,

Lori Marino

--
Lori Marino, Ph.D.
Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Program