[MARMAM] Bottlenose dolphin Internships & Thesis work (Fall 2007)

Bruno Diaz b_d_r_i at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 10:35:22 PDT 2007

The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute (BDRI) www.thebdri.com is currently seeking three research internships (MS thesis & Bachelor students) for the Fall season (End August - September 2007 to November 2007).

  Research interns participate in BDRI’s ongoing research projects (more info in www.thebdri.com), giving them broad exposure to a variety to research methodologies: Photo-identification, Bioacoustics, Diving and surface behavioural analysis, etc). Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to data entry into the computer for analysis, library, and involvement in special projects.  We support non-invasive and non-disruptive research. In addition, interns are required to complete a research project on an assigned relevant topic as part of their thesis work.

  Starting and ending dates are flexible. Our internships program is a full time voluntary position. Unfortunately, funds are very limited, there is no compensation for this internship position and successful applicants will be responsible for their living and transportation expenses during the time of the internship. Food and living space is arranged for internships onsite (consult us the monthly fee). Moreover, the volunteer is in charge of providing an insurance that covers the risks of the volunteer itself when engaged in the field work.

  We anticipate filling this internship position by May 15th, 2007.

  We are happy to answer any questions you have, but answers to common questions can be found on our web site at:
http://www.thebdri.com

  Best regards,

Bruno Díaz López
Research Biologist / Marine Zoologist
Chief Researcher
The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI
V.Armando Diaz Nº4 07020 Golfo Aranci (SS) Italy
http://www.thebdri.com
info at thebdri.com
Tel: + (39) 346 0815414