[MARMAM] new caribbean stranding network requests educational materials.

alesha naranjit alesha_r_n at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 04:50:36 PDT 2006

Hello,

  My name is Alësha Naranjit from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. I  am part of a group trying to form a marine mammal stranding network in  response to the country's history of cetacean strandings on our  beaches.

  We are also engaged in awareness programmes along our coasts as many  communities do not know the correct response to a stranding and have in  the past looked on the animals as a free source of protein. We would  like to show the community members an example of a successful stranding  resuce and would appreciate if any of you can send us pictures or video  clips that may help.

  Looking forward to your support.
  Alësha

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”—Gandhi

"There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle."  -- Albert Einstein