[MARMAM] projects related on T-POD with Bottlenose Dolphin

Andrea Dell'Apa mako1979 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:59:20 PDT 2006

Hi Marmamers,

i'm seerching for publications or even presentation focused on the use of
T-POD to record click signals of bottlenose dolphins. I have always worked
with hydrophones to store and gather signals at high frequencyes such as
echolocation signals. I would like to know how does it work and if it's
really helpful to study dolphin's behaviour, or if it's useful just for
considering the presence/absence of cetacean.
For the moment i have found the following articles, that unfortunately are
focused on Harbor Porpoises:

Culik, Koschinski, Tregenza, and Ellis, (2001) Reactions of harbor porpoises
Phocoena phocoena and herring Clupea harengus to acoustic alarms. Mar Ecol
Prog Ser.211:255-260,2001

Berggren, P., Carlstrom, J., Tregenza, N. (2002) Mitigation of Small
Cetacean ByCatch; Evaluation of Acoustic Alarms. Report to European
Commission on Study Contract 00/031.

Englund, A., OCadhla, O., Phipott, E. (2003) Can PODs save the day? Lessons
from Broadhaven. Poster at European Cetacean Society Conference, Las Palmas,
2003.

Thank you all for your help.

Cheers

Andrea