[MARMAM] Marine Science Field Study Program

Beam Reach Marine Science and Sustainability School tracy at beamreach.org
Sat Sep 9 15:20:36 PDT 2006

,

Learn how to be an active part of the recovery and conservation of the marine environment through field science.  All while earning 18 science credits from the University of Washington, learning to sail, and experiencing the life of a field scientist.

Apply Now

These are the research topics that the current students have tentatively chosen.  Follow their progress and get a feeling for what you could be doing with your Spring quarter.

Fall 06 Student Papers and Experiences

Tentative Research Paper Titles:
Determining behavioral context of pulsed calls and whistles in southern resident killer whales

Surface behaviors and events of southern resident killer whales:
Are they responding to vessels in the Salish Sea?

Localizing vocalizations: Who is calling?

Behavioral and acoustic correlates among southern resident killer
whales: Do particular vocalizations cue specific types of behavior?

Analysis of the ability of vessel noise to mask killer whale communication

The effect of bathymetry on southern resident killer whale vocalizations

Apply now for the Spring 07 program.  We operate a rolling admissions process, so it is first qualified, first accepted.  Early applicants also have a greater chance of receiving Beam Reach financial aid.

The conservation and recovery of the marine environment rests in the hands of educated, dedicated, and motivated people.  Learn how you can participate.

Apply Now

We encourage you to forward this to your friends and colleagues.  You can also sign up for our newsletter.  We'll keep you updated and informed about the progress of Beam Reach students and the recovery of the endangered killer whales.

Sign Up

We hope to see you on board in Spring 07.

Tracy Smith
tracy at beamreach.org
1.800.839.7495