[MARMAM] Submissions to The Monachus Guardian, November 2006

William M. Johnson editor at monachus-guardian.org
Sat Sep 2 08:23:53 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

This is to let you know that we are now inviting submissions for the
November 2006 issue of The Monachus Guardian. With only very limited funding
for the journal having been secured, we are again able to produce only an
abbreviated issue, along the lines of Vol. 9 (1) published in June.

Sections will consist only of the most urgent International / Mediterranean
/ Hawaiian / and Caribbean news, Letters to the Editor, a listing of Recent
Publications, and contributions of PDF papers, reports etc. to the Monk Seal
Library.

The Monachus Guardian should receive news items no later than 15 October.
Please contact the editor in the event of urgent news beyond this deadline.

Any leads on possible funding avenues that might keep The Monachus Guardian
alive and kicking would, of course, be gratefully received. A document
detailing sponsorship opportunities and benefits is available to potential
supporters -- please contact us for further information.

Due in no small part to the network of correspondents who have submitted
news, opinion, scientific papers etc over the years, The Monachus Guardian
has built up a real readership base of at least 30,000 people -- including
students, teachers, researchers, journalists etc. Realising the significance
of this achievement, we are doing whatever we can to continue publishing,
and we take this opportunity of thanking all of you who have voiced support
for the project.

We look forward to hearing from you.

William M. Johnson
editor at monachus-guardian.org

The Monachus Guardian, Library and Network can be accessed at the following
address: <http://www.monachus-guardian.org>

William M Johnson
editor at monachus-guardian.org

http://www.monachus-guardian.org