[MARMAM] NMFS revised application instructions

Amy Sloan Amy.Sloan at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 30 14:13:29 PST 2006

The Permits Division, National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Office of
Protected Resources has posted revised instructions for applying for a
permit for research on or enhancement of marine mammals and threatened
and endangered species.  These instructions are applicable to requests
for permits to take, import, or export species and specimens of species
under NMFS jurisdiction, including the following:  all cetaceans;
pinnipeds (except walrus); sea turtles in water; shortnose sturgeon;
smalltooth sawfish; and white abalone.

We have also posted revised instructions for submitting a letter of
intent under the General Authorization for Level B harassment of marine
mammals and for applying for a marine mammal commercial or educational
photography permit.

The revised application instructions can be downloaded from our web site
at http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/permits/ or you can call us at
301-713-2289 to request a copy.

If you are unsure if you need a permit or what type of permit or
authorization to apply for, please use our Pre-Application Guide at
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/permits/guide.htm.

Please call us at the number above if you have any questions or need
assistance.
Thank you.

--
Amy Sloan