[MARMAM] SRRC Position available

Lenie 't Hart lenie at zeehondencreche.nl
Mon Nov 27 12:18:49 PST 2006

Position Available for the wintertime 2006/2007

SEAL CARE PROFESSIONAL

The Dutch Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre Pieterburen is a
non-profit animal protection, conservation and education organization in
the North of The Netherlands. We rescue around 200 seals annually which,
after intensive rehabilitation and care, are released back into to their
natural habitat.

Our international team plus dedicated employees and interns is looking
for a motivated colleague who will work with us to give the seals the
best possible care and medical attention.

The person in this position will work according to strict protocols
including quarantine procedures and will be responsible for carrying out
procedures in animal care as directed by the manager of the seal care
department. We are looking for a flexible team-worker who is experienced
preferably in marine animal care. The general animal care husbandry
involves assisting in animal care, feeding and maintaining a clean
environment. Candidates should have positive attitude and have
well-rounded social skills both towards people and animals and have
respect for different cultures.

Requirements:
The job involves working in shifts to cover a schedule of 7-days 8:00-23:00
The contract is for 4 months, starting as soon as possible in December 2006
The working language is English.
A driving license and familiarity with the computer programs like Word
and Excel is important.
Seals are sometimes very strong, so you have to be in good health and in
great physical condition.

We offer a interesting and dynamic job in a pleasant atmosphere in an
international setting. Salary commensurate with experience. On-site
housing is available.
Human Resources Department
Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre Pieterburen
Hoofdstraat 94A
9968 AC Pieterburen
simone at zeehondencreche.nl
www.zeehondencreche.nl