[MARMAM] New publications week 19

Jan Herrmann jan.herrmann at cetacea.de
Tue May 23 10:24:02 PDT 2006

Dear all,

here are some new publications of week 19 / 2006,
which haven't been announced on MARMAM earlier AFAIK.

By clicking the following link you are guided to a website, where the
following references are linked to their according journal homepages.
There you can find abstracts and contact information:
http://www.mmbib.com/news.html

Please do not contact MARMAM, the MARMAM editors or me for reprints. Thank you.

Kindest Regards,
Jan Herrmann

CETACEA

Andersen, G. et al. (2006):
Levels of toxaphene congeners in white whales (Delphinapterus leucas)
from Svalbard, Norway.
Science of the Total Environment 357(1-3): 128-137.

Gross, L. (2005):
As the Antarctic Ice Pack Recedes, a Fragile Ecosystem Hangs in the Balance.
PLoS Biology 3(4): e127.

Sakai, M. et al. (2006):
Laterality of flipper rubbing behaviour in wild bottlenose dolphins
(Tursiops aduncus): Caused by asymmetry of eye use?
Behavioural Brain Research 170(2): 204-210.

Saliki, J.T. et al. (2006):
A Novel Gammaherpesvirus Associated with Genital Lesions in a
Blainville's Beaked Whale (Mesoplodon densirostris).
Journal of Wildlife Diseases 42(1): 142-148.

PINNIPEDIA

Acevedo-Whitehouse, K. et al. (2006):
Contrasting effects of heterozygosity on survival and hookworm
resistance in California sea lion pups.
Molecular Ecology 15(7): 1973-1982.

Hoffman, J.I., J. Forcada, and W. Amos (2006):
No relationship between microsatellite variation and neonatal fitness
in Antarctic fur seals, Arctocephalus gazella.
Molecular Ecology 15(7): 1995-2005.

Twiss, S.D. et al. (2006):
Finding fathers: spatio-temporal analysis of paternity assignment in
grey seals (Halichoerus grypus).
Molecular Ecology 15(7): 1939-1953.

--
--> jan.herrmann -at - cetacea.de