[MARMAM] Images needed now for MM book

Rossitercsi at aol.com Rossitercsi at aol.com
Sat May 20 07:58:14 PDT 2006

The author of Guide for Marine Mammals of the World,
albatross_shirihai at hotmail.com, needs images of specific species immediately. If you can help, or you
know of people who can, please reply to the author's modified email below.
Note that fees will be paid.

Bill

William W. Rossiter
President, Cetacean Society International
P.O.Box 953, Georgetown, CT 06829 USA
ph 203-770-8615, fx 860-561-0187
rossiter at csiwhalesalive.org
*please note 2nd email change: rossitercsi at optonline.net versus
rossitercsi at aol.com
www.csiwhalesalive.org

> Subj:Pygmy Sperm Whale, Franciscana and Amazon [Freshwater] Tucuxi
> Date:5/20/2006 3:48:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:albatross_shirihai at hotmail.com
> To:Rossitercsi at aol.com
> File:titelpageMMguide.doc (165376 bytes) DL Time (32000 bps): < 1 minute
> Sent from the Internet
>
> You most probably already heard about the forthcoming Guide for Marine
> Mammals of the World, A & C Black, London? The guide is illustrated with c.
> 400 photos and 130 plates by the artist Brett Jarrett (the same artist that
> painted my Antarctic Wildlife Guide, 2002).
>
> Are you a professional marine mammals observe/researcher who has worked
> on some cetaceans and also has nice images of Pygmy Sperm Whale, Franciscana
> and Amazon [Freshwater] Tucuxi? A list of additional species required is
> below.

We credit photographers and the publisher pay fees for the use of the images
> and we can give you copy of the book.
>
> Can you please email me high res. of such images, thanks! If you can email
> them to me in the next few days (or the very latest before the end of the
> month) I might use them. It is extremely important to have good selection of
>
> such rare species.
>
> The book is now in the last page proofs stage and I will appreciate your
> swift respond on that issue.
>
> Thanks, hope to hear from you soon. Please try to respond as soon as you
> can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hadoram
> (the Author)

North Pacific Right Whale – still need improvements/variations

Pygmy Right Whale – still need improvements/variations

Omura’s Whale – No images available yet?

Arnoux's Beaked Whale – still need improvements

Shepherd’s Beaked Whale – No images available yet?

Southern Bottlenose Whale – still need improvements/variations

True’s Beaked Whale – S Hemisphere animals and also still need improvements
for N/C Atlantic animals

Gervais’ Beaked Whale – No images available yet?

Gray’s Beaked Whale – still need improvements/variations

Hubbs’ Beaked Whale – No images available yet?

Stejneger's Beaked Whale – No images available yet?

Pygmy Beaked Whale – still need improvements/variations

Ginkgo-toothed Beaked Whale – No images available yet?

Pygmy Sperm Whale – still need improvements/variations

Amazon [Freshwater] Tucuxi  – No images available yet?

Franciscana – still need improvements/variations

Indus River Dolphin – still need improvements/variations

Finless Porpoise (includes Indo-Pacific Finless Porpoise, Chinese Finless
Porpoise, Yangtse Finless Porpoise) – still need improvements/variations

Spectacled Porpoise – still need improvements/variations

Burmeister's Porpoise – still need improvements/variations

Gulf of California Porpoise (Vaquita) – No images available yet?