[MARMAM] Position Announcement

wayne mcfee Wayne.Mcfee at noaa.gov
Thu May 11 10:02:53 PDT 2006

I would like to request the following position announcement be posted on
the list serve. Thank you.

> POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> Position (contract):	Biological Science Technician
   Location:             National Ocean Service, Charleston, SC
   Start Date:		September 5, 2006
> Per Hour:		$15.75/hr. ($30,240pa, full benefits)
   Hours per week:	40

> Position Description:	The National Ocean Service, Charleston, SC is
> accepting applications for a Biological Science Technician to perform
> laboratory and field work in the Marine Mammal Strandings and Life
> History Program. This is a one year contract position with the
> potential for renewal. Laboratory and field duties include, but are
> not limited to: 1) assisting in the retrieval and necropsy of dead
> stranded marine mammals, 2) assisting in the archiving of marine
> mammal tissues, 3) marine mammal skeletal preparation, 4) data entry
> into existing marine mammal databases, and 5) educational/public
> outreach.
>
> The candidate should have a B.S. degree in biology or marine science
> from an accredited institution, be available to work weekends and
> holidays to respond to marine mammal strandings, and be able to work
> in adverse weather conditions. Good communication skills are a must.
> Knowledge of boat operation and computers are required. Knowledge of
> life history methods, such as reproductive analysis, and marine
> mammal anatomy are preferred.
>
> Please fax a CV or resume to (843) 762-8700 (Attn. – Wayne McFee) by
> close of business (4:30pm EST), June 2, 2006. (wayne.mcfee at noaa.gov)

Wayne McFee - Research Wildlife Biologist
Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research at
Charleston (CCEHBR)
NOAA/NOS/NCCOS
219 Fort Johnson Road
Charleston, SC 29412-9110
voice: (843) 762-8592	fax: (843)762-8700
e-mail: wayne.mcfee at noaa.gov